Tuesday, February 23, 2010

2/23

It has been a little while since I posted, but we went to the UHC for the first time on Friday and it went really well. Sarah, Jenny, and I met the receptionists, Mike, Linda, and some ladies that were volunteering with us. We spent the majority of our time there helping price and wrap items for the silent auction at the Bridesmaid's Ball. It was good to get a feel for the atmosphere around the office, and to get to hang out with Linda some more. She seems very excited about us cleaning out her closet and helping with things around the office. She also tipped us off about a girl who will be speaking at the Ball who escaped from homelessness and now lives independently. We are going to tell the media and film groups in case they are interested in hearing her story. I am still a little bit unsure what our role at the UHC is ultimately going to look like, but I think that as time goes on we will find more things to do and will continue to develop relationships with people around the office which could lead to more opportunities.

The other thing I am excited about is to see how the groups incorporate "One Away" into their projects. I really connect with the slogan and I hope that it gives the UHC some momentum with the younger crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment